Welcome to the SPREP Library, Information Resource Centre & Archives (IRCA)
The SPREP Library system is a special library that exists to provide environmental information services to SPREP staff, its projects and programmes; and to its member countries. It is a unique repository of publications, periodicals, scientific and technical reports prepared by SPREP, its member countries, stakeholders and partners.
- collect, store and disseminate scientific and technical information on environmental and development concerns in Pacific island countries and territories;
- liaise and co-ordinate with other national, regional and international organisations to circulate information and publications in the region;
- assist SPREP projects and programmes by disseminating appropriate information to specific groups in the region;
- disseminate SPREP knowledge products upon requests from stakeholders
- provide information and knowledge management technical assistance and advice to SPREP projects and programmes
To achieve excellence in the collection, storage, preservation, and retrieval of environmental information and knowledge to meet the research, learning, and information needs of SPREP staff and its member countries.
The library houses over 15,000 environmental monographs and grey literature. It has access to over 43,000 bibliographic records of 20 Pacific island states and territories. Over 6000 records are available in full text and are downloadable at any time. About 4000 publications published by SPREP and its partners are also available from the Virtual Library.
Please email us if you need any assistance.
Happy browsing! :)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.